Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 3 of Break Fasting

http://www.raw-food-for-health.com/

Day 3
Feb. 13, 2012
Monday AM

Hubby tells me I was so cranky on my juice fast that he couldn't go through it again with me!! (And he wasn't even the one doing it!) I guess it was much harder on me than I realized- so sorry hunny!!

Well I finished off the crumbs of Doritos left in the bag last night. Wow- I can't believe how totally addicting those things are w/o any satisfaction!! They left me craving more, not at all satisfied. On raw food it is easy to stop when "satisfied". I almost never ate until feeling full. But on processed/cooked food- so easy to eat PAST being full and still not be satisfied!!! Wow!! I'm so glad the Doritos are gone!

Nicki- author of Chenaraw suggested I try Noritos! I found a recipe and will be making these babies ASAP!! Going to the health food store today to see if they have raw nori sheets. They DO have Teccino- another suggestion by Nicki to replace coffee- so many raving reviews I can't wait to try it.

So I haven't been sticking to protocol in breaking my fast as you can see. BUT, I do start the day with prunes as I am supposed to, and eat a bowl full at dinner as well. I added a little bit of fruit in yesterday and will continue to do that today and tomorrow. Wednesday and Thursday are salad days- I can't wait for that!

The plumbing is working very well despite veering off the breakfasting path :) I didn't take any cascara yesterday and am doing fine. I do feel full though- almost uncomfortably so. I feel like I've put all the weight back on that I lost, but my clothes tell me that is absolutely not true. I think my stomach shrank down so the least amount of solid food makes me full pretty fast. I try not to eat too much "other foods" that I'm not supposed to be eating, but it's tough. I seriously crave HOT cayenne laden and salty food!!! I am consuming quite a bit of 100,000 HU cayenne on small amounts of raw humus or macaroni salad.

Once I'm done with this breakfasting week I don't think it will be too hard to go back to 100% raw, or very close to it. I'm not happy with how cooked/processed food makes me feel- the reason I went raw to begin with.

Gotta go to class- TTFN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment