Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 39


http://www.raw-food-for-health.com/
Day 39
Feb. 7, 2012
Tuesday AM

Physical and Psychological:
I keep forgetting to report my resting heart rate: 48!!! WHAT?! It's always been around 72! This is amazing to me. I have heard that juicing can lower that, but wow! I have noticed that while doing cardio it is much harder to get my heart up to where I used to, but I'm not going to really push myself at this point. Today it was up to 123 or so, and I was sweating. I did half an hour on the Arc Trainer :)  good workout. Then 12 minutes in the Beauty Angel.

I was actually scheduled for foster parent training today and yesterday, but come to find out it really isn't necessary!! >:  which I'm very happy about- just wish these people would get their act together.

I was in such good spirits yesterday- not sure why or what was different. Today I'm feeling pretty good too, but didn't sleep all that well, so a little tired. I am struggling with this whole thing, but am determined to stay on it- even if my heart is not really in it. My cough is progressively getting better- I have a bad day here and there, but they are getting fewer and further between. It is rare that it interrupts my work (phone calls) anymore, which is such a blessing! I wonder how long it takes to remake your lungs??? 6-9 weeks to make a new liver and a whole year to turn over your bones. The lower energy does contribute to feeling a bit down- plus the weather is overcast today too... and still cold, but not frigid.

My head is still feeling a bit "off". I think it's the tomatoes- ugh! I heard they can give you a headache, but I don't care- I like the flavor of the juice, which is uber important to me on this JF.

I watched a video on skin care the other day. I stopped using baby oil on my skin last year after I found out it was all petroleum!! It did do quite a bit of damage by the time I learned that though- very saggy old lady skin :(  But I just found out that almost everything that is not organic has some kind of petroleum product in it- which suffocates your cells and leads to unhealthy metabolic processes. I had just gotten a bunch of skin care for Christmas too :(  I hate waste, but don't want to use it just because I have it if it's not good for me. I went to the health food store and was very happy to see some great organic skin care that didn't cost an arm and a leg!! yay!! :) So- continuing to learn and clean up my own act ;-)

Juicing:
Going through my juices slower- which is fine by me. I could water fast the rest of the way if I wanted, but don't want to do that, hahaha ;)  I should have made more broth the other day, but thought I'd have enough to see me through- NOT, darn it. So I juiced some oranges and will have some with water kefir, and I'll drink another tea instead. I'll juice more greens again tomorrow and make a BIG ol' stock pot of broth.


3 comments:

  1. There are lots of wonderful natural lines of natural organic skin care out there. You can find them at the healthfood stores. Jason is one that I like. I used to be a skin are analyst and make-up artist a long time ago. I like to say B.C. (before children) :-) Although I have simplified considerably since then, in used the natural stuff for many years. The natural powder foundations by Bare Essentials are also quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam! But this juicing thing just confirmed to me that it is a nutritional/internal thing with me. I will probably need to go with something topical now too, but it makes me mad that raw food doesn't take care of the problem >: I use an emery board to file away the dead hard skin :/ it's gross- nothing softens it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I have Bare Essentials too, but don't use it b/c it makes me face feel like it's going to crack off! haha- I have that old lady DRY skin now :/ I need night cream for the day time!! I found a vegetarian self tanner that I am using- now I don't even need foundation! woohoo! :) (Alba is the brand.)

    ReplyDelete