Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 6 of Break Fasting

Dale's Raw Protein Bars - The Best on the Planet!

http://www.raw-food-for-health.com/

Day 6 of breaking the juice fast
Feb. 16, 2012
Thursday AM

Wow, has it been since Monday that I last blogged?! I have not stuck to fast breaking protocol exactly. I kept eating soaked prunes (which I really like), but just couldn't get into fruit much. I couldn't wait to get into a salad!! I had my first HUGE salad Tuesday night for dinner, which was a day early for doing it "right". But from all the other stuff I was eating instead I thought the salad would be much better for me. I was so craving GREENS!

Sunday night I had some tomatoes and cucumbers with a thick ranch dressing (raw/nut based) and man did I pay for that mistake the next day! UGH! The plumbing got completely backed up :(  Everything was going pretty well until I did that. I have had pretty intense cravings for cayenne and salt and those 2 things go perfectly in dressing and humus. I ate Cascara Sagrada all day Tuesday along with a couple of scoops of magnesium citrate to make sure to get things moving yesterday- it worked!! Whew!! I'm still going to continue to take magnesium and cascara for the next couple of days just to make sure to keep things on the move ;)

I'm also eating too much. The day starts out fine, but by evening I'm very full, which I hate. I really do not like the feeling of being stuffed. I'm not sure if it's that my stomach shrank, or if I really am eating that much. If I am eating a lot it might be because my body is used to the nutrient density with the juice that it just isn't getting in chewable food??? or because my body was rebelling at being 126 pounds or because it's just craving stuff it's needed and didn't get, like FAT! or a combination of all of the above. I hope things settle down soon. One other interesting thing I noticed yesterday was a soreness in the jaw, lol!! I hadn't been chewing for over a month, so now my jaw is getting a workout, ha! I've never had a sore jaw from chewing too much before.

I haven't been feeling like going to the gym- I guess that takes some will power I just don't have the reserves for yet. I've been using the time to catch up on my website- and doing a pretty good job with that I must say. I built out 4 more pages including a new section and secured a couple more inbound links- woohoo! I'm also continuing on the action guide and learning about content 2.0, and also need to learn how to link up to my blog.... moving right along! (still so much to do though!)

So, one of the things I was really looking forward to trying when I got off my fast was Dale's Raw Food Protein Bars. He had a sale shortly before I started my juice fast- over 50% off on a batch of bars that they made with some date paste that wasn't up to his standards- it was too moist. Dale makes all his stuff fresh, so the order can take a little time coming, but it's well worth the wait!! I had my first bite of a chocolate cherry protein bar yesterday- oh oh oh my goodness!!! WOW! As a former weight lifting gym rat I have had my share of protein bars. Nothing even comes close to what I had yesterday. Dale uses the freshest, finest and mostly organic ingredients in his bars, and you can seriously take the quality. I want to eat one for breakfast, but they are such a delicious treat that I want to save them as a dessert food! I'm also a little fearful of devouring the entire box in short order!!

As an affiliate I feel it's my duty to try all his stuff ;-)  but for now I've only tried the Chocolate/Cherry bars. 5 stars on that product! And if everything is as good as those, Dale will have a direct link to my checkbook!! It's no wonder how fast his company has grown over the last several months- his stuff is awesome!! I also love his graphics and packaging- quality all the way!! "Best Protein Bars on the Planet"? You betcha!!


No comments:

Post a Comment