Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 41


http://www.raw-food-for-health.com/
Day 41
Feb. 9, 2012
Thursday AM

Physical & Psychological:
I've been sleeping much better lately- so happy about that. My cough is getting better and better- no serious coughing spells for many days now- even with Kerm moulting on my shoulder! That is about the only result I can see right now except the few things that came before- like improvement in skin condition and loss of body fat.

I made it yesterday on just water until almost 3:00!! So today I am feeling slow and low energy, but that's okay with me. I did go to the gym, but didn't have much umph, so just took it easy for 40 minutes on the Life Fitness eliptical. Did 12 minutes in the Beauty Angel following that.

My body feels a little sore too- in the back mostly.

Oh- no foster parent training at all this week- woohoo!! YES! that was going to be hard. And the Saturday lunch got canceled too. I'll miss seeing my friend, but will not miss sitting in a restaurant smelling all the wonderful smells and watching her eat! I don't know how people who go to work everyday do this!

I will juice fast again, but probably not for this long. After this- a week or two will be a piece of raw cake!

Juicing:
Juiced forever last night and made over a gallon of garbage green juice. No tomatoes- I used apples this time. The juice with tomatoes is tasting bitter to me now. I know b/c of Pam's experience that this is a sign of further detoxing- yay! So the headaches are probably detoxing results too. No tomatoes and still have the pressure in my head.

I have already had broth today and water kefir, but no juice yet- very hungry though. But once I start work it's easy to put off  juice for later.

2 comments:

  1. Wendy, Can you share how you make your broth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sure Pam, but it's too easy! I just take all the veggie pulp and put it in a stock pot, put in a coupla tablespoons of Italian herbs, couple or 4 crushed cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, and I might chop up some onion too- boil for 2-3 hours with lid on and strain through fine strainer. When I want some I just reheat on the stove and add cayenne and more salt if necessary. I really drank a lot of this! I was craving salt, garlic and cayenne (spicy stuff).

    ReplyDelete