Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 18


You are invited to visit my website: http://www.raw-food-for-health.com/

Day 18, Jan. 17, 2012, Tuesday AM

I seriously can't believe I've made it this long! 18 days with no solid food. I've come to the conclusion though that this is just not going to get any easier. Our bodies are designed for solids and I'm resigned to the fact that this will be a daily struggle.

Physical:
I think it will be a chore keeping weight on! I am really enjoying the feeling of being thinny though :) I'm below my ideal weight, but I like it. I feel great, I feel light and full of energy. I wake up in the mornings ready to go!! I can't remember when I've ever felt like that. I always had to drag my butt outta bed, feel my way to the coffee maker and stare into space for 2 hours until the engine would start!

And once again, the thought of having to take 4 days at this point to break my fast is enough to keep me going. After 12 days of fasting you can't just dive into solid food- there is a protocol to follow to re-awaken the digestive system that has been basically asleep.

Up at 6:10- morning chores, drove Steve (foster son) to the bus stop at 7:00 and off to the gym. 30 minutes of express circuit training, back home for skin brushing and shower. Even though my energy level is high, I'm starting to feel the lack of reserved energy for working out. I'm sure my glycogen stores are very low since my calorie intake is low. I don't want to stop the weight training though, so I'll probably just reduce the intensity of the cardio/step portion of the circuit.

The last 2 nights I've had a "special" juice for dinner. When I went shopping I bought strawberries, grapes and cranberries- juiced in the Vita-mix and strained 3 times, and it was still thick! I looked at that and thought, "I'm sure my body is going to find a way to make something solid out of this"- and sure enough! I haven't had an actual BM in probably more than a week. I've heard that people continue to pass solids, but I'm convinced it's b/c they aren't straining their juice well enough.

Juicing/ Time/ Money:
I spent 2 hours juicing last night- made 1.5 gallons again.

8 oz. Kale
10 oz. Spinach
6 heads Romaine
2 heads Celery
20 apples

When I got home from the gym this morning I made:
2 T honey
2 T lemon juice
2 T chlorella
about 10-12 oz water
pinch of 100,000 HU cayenne
I feel I need the extra protein from the chlorella. That drink provides me with about 18-20 grams of complete protein! And it's actually not bad tasting either- just ask Kermee, my Hahns Macaw- she couldn't get enough! haha I have to share everything with her- she insists! lol

Psychology:
Well, seems to be kinda boring on this front, but I still haven't taken any medication and don't even think about it much at all anymore :) I cleaned out more drawers yesterday- need to keep moving forward cleaning out the garbage and access. I want my life to be "light", simple, serene, beautiful, peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment