Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 28


You are invited to visit my website @ http://www.raw-food-for-health.com/
Day 28- wow! the time is really ticking by...
Jan. 27, 2012
Friday- woohoo!

Physical:
My face is starting to clear up a little :) Still have 1 big red zit on my right cheek. I'm noticing an improvement in the moisture content of my skin as well. I used to get calluses around my fingernails- it drove me crazy! But the worst part is I'd bite at it and pick at it ,and I would end up with sores around my nails and it hurt! If I put my hands in the water one time during the day I could guarantee this dry hard skin around my nails- it was maddening! I can't say it's completely gone, but it is much better. When I bite or pick at it it doesn't peel away down to the flesh like it used to- so no more sores!! YAY!! :)

Also- my chronic cough is gradually getting better. I don't have as many "hacking sessions" as I used to- yay again!! And coughing rarely interrupts my phone conversations anymore (I am a phone contact customer service rep!).

Slept well again last night :) And I did decide to workout yesterday. I did 30 minutes on the eliptical and went 4.15 miles! That's a record, and my pulse was lower than normal too! wow!

Juicing/ Time/ Money:
I'm not keeping track of money anymore- since I did it the first month and it was approx. $300. That includes the honey that I haven't used up yet, but doesn't include my order from Swanson Vitamins b/c those items aren't actually necessary.

My, did I say my? ...et em, my husband's Breville came today- woohoo!! not in time to use it before work though. But I had some time just now and made over a quart in just a few minutes!! This thing is a monster! I am very very pleased with it. It did the apples so wonderfully :) There was hardly anything to strain! What a great investment.

Psychology:
I've been very grouchy the last few days- poor Ken! A coupla things I'm thinking might be the reason why: not enough sleep those 2 nights and working out too hard (causing too much stress physically). I'm resisting taking my anti-anxiety meds, although Ken is encouraging me to do just that... I think he'd really like to see me calm down! I made juice with celery and spinach in it just now, so hopefully that will help too.

3 comments:

  1. WOO HOO!!! NEW JUICER! Congrates, I know how exciting that must be to have a new juicer! Thats going to really make this trip awesome for you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was SOOOOO cranky yesturday! :-( (I didn't even get my own update posted!) It's nice to catch up with you though. I am sure your Breville is wonderful! Now sine I am juiceing for my husband who has joined my fast...it's a high volume situtation! I know the Breville would be realy nice for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ayn- Yes, it is MUCH easier, quicker and more fun! :) I nearly ready to put my Samson on craigslist since I hardly ever use it for anything else but juice.

    @ Pamela- I really am surprised at what a great job it does and how FAST! I learned at my body systems class today that anger is stored in the liver!! Your liver could be having a hard time keeping up with the toxic release! Try adding more garlic and MSM. MSM is poteniated by Vit. C also- so if you do a master cleanse, that is a great time to take MSM ;) I'm not as irritable today, but very tired.

    ReplyDelete