Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 29


You are invited to visit my website @ http://www.raw-food-for-health.com/

Day 29
Jan. 28, 2012
Saturday AM

Physical:
I haven't experienced not working out yet, but my body seems to be anticipating the rest period with joy :) I was doing my research and learned that detoxing is supposed to be a restful period so the body has the needed energy to repair and heal itself. I will walk 3 days a week for 20 minutes, and that's about it from now until the end.

I haven't lost any more weight, which is a good thing. But with no weight lifting in my near future I will lose muscle mass, which will account for another 5-6 pound loss in my estimation. Still holding steady at 126.5.

Thank God for cascara sagrada which can move concrete! With the reduction in exercise and lifting I will stop taking chlorella for now- it's turning into concrete in my system- ugh! I felt like I had an alien that wanted to escape, lol. Whew- feeling much better now :)

Will finish this up later, I have a body systems class I need to go to! :)

Okay- I'm back! :) We covered 4 body systems today- will cover 6 next week. I learned a lot and this will be great stuff for my website, which is what I was hoping for! But one thing of interest to me personally was the whole liver thing. Anger is stored in the liver and during a detox or cleansing diet one can experience a release of those emotions. If you are experiencing anger or irritation it is a sign that the liver is either not functioning properly or it's not keeping up with the removal of toxicity from the body. I have been craving garlic, and now I know why- it helps the liver to detoxify! Our bodies truly do know what they need.

Juicing:
I spent 45 minutes in the kitchen this morning making 1/2 gallon of juice for the day, but that included cleaning up the whole kitchen too. The beast made the juice in about 10 minutes, maybe less. I'm excited about the world of possible juice combinations this juicer has opened up to me :) I will be shopping tomorrow... watermelon, strawberries, cranberries...grapes! YAY!! Oh, and pineapple! can't wait! :) And my organic box comes in on Tuesday too- woohoo! I'll be doing that every week from now on.

I made broth last night from the left over pulp, and wow, I LOVE it! Pass the garlic please! It is soooo comforting... pulp broth, my new comfort food!! lol!

Psychology:
I kinda addressed this in the physical section cuz they can be so closely tied together. But not feeling as cranky/irritable today- yay! But I am tired- more tired than I've ever been since I started. Detoxing is supposed to be a time of rest, and now that my body knows I'll be giving it rest I think it is relieved.

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE your blog!! I'm now a Follower! I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gabriele (I LOVE that name btw!) it's so boring!! But follow if you like- I love interacting ;) It's nothing compared to your creamsicle adventure, lol! I can't wait to try one... in a few months! I've never tried my hand at a young coconut myself- not sure I will now, hahaha. Is that a recent pic of you? You are too young to be a grandmama! no way!

    ReplyDelete