Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 5






1/4/12 Wedsnesday 10:30 AM

Physical:
Yesterday my stomach hurt for a good part of the day- last half anyhow. It's abdominal pain, not necessarily just the stomach. This morning it hurt when I got up too, but now it's fine.

I went to the gym yesterday morning- first time in a long time- walked for 32 minutes, broke a sweat.

Shopping, Juice, Time and Money:
Went shopping in the evening, bought
Kale
Lemons
Parsley
7 Hearts of Celery
1 Red Pepper
---------------
$21.54 added to what I've already spent = $76.54, but I'm thinking this should last me until Saturday at least. I have enough , lemons and celery for a week, and enough oranges to last longer than that. The garage is very cold so I can store some produce in there and leave some fridge space.

Juicing took me 3 hours this morning!! UGH! I made a gallon of green juice from:
Kale (1 pound)
Parsley (2 bunches)
1 Cucumber
10 Ounces of Spinach
3 Heads of Romaine
2 Celery Hearts
12 Apples (not enough apples! so....
I had 3 over-ripe pears I put in the Vita-mix and did the nut milk bag thing- that added much needed sweetness to the greens.
I'll add lemon when I'm ready to drink it.

I also had some tomatoes that no one else was going to eat, and I hate throwing food away so I juiced those with some celery juice I had set aside and 1 red pepper, 2 large cloves of garlic and some Himalayan Salt- Wow! What ZING!! :) I can't wait to drink that for lunch! My husband tasted it and thinks I'm seriously insane- hahaha! That made a whole quart, and I have a quart of orange/grapefruit- so I have enough juice for at least 2 days. I have a fine strainer- used that for the tomato stuff.

I've started straining my juice- I've found that the apple leaves too much pulp throught the Samson juicer. I probably got over 3/4 of pulp from 12 apples! The greens are fine- no pulp.

I need to find a source of raw honey- I do know people that keep bees, but it's a 3 hour round trip and this is not the time of year for asking for honey :(  I have precious little left and would like to make some master cleanse drinks once in a while- might do a few days of that actually to take a break from juicing.

Psychological:
Have not really thought much about anxiety medication- woohoo! That didn't take long! I still think about it but the desire to take it is weakening :) YAY!! I am able to get to sleep at night pretty well too. I find I do get tired and almost can't stay up, which is good. I used to make myself stay up to do stuff and not get the rest I needed- cannot do that while juicing, at least not now.

I have also sensed a separation of my body from my will or mind. My body still wants food- my taste buds still imagine what things taste like, but there is a separation from that and what I want to accomplish. There is a division- as if my mind has little sympathy for my body's cravings. I feel my determination growing stronger.

Emotional:
I'm not happy with the time involved with juicing or the money I'm spending. BUT, I never kept track of the money I spent on my raw food and I bet it was the same if not maybe even more at times- so I'm not going to let that bother me. I'm worth doing this. Finding some raw honey would really help save on time- I need to do that soon.

Oh, and I decided to drink water from a glass when I'm home. I have a bunch of straws and counted out enough for one for each day I have left. I'll use one for the day and throw it out. I will be a psychological boost to watch the bunch of straws dwindle. And I'm going to "treat" myself to something every 10 days I'm juicing- that should help me with incentives :) And at the end, in celebration of finishing the journey and my 49th birthday- I'm going to get my eyebrows tattooed on by a cosmetic artist! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment