Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 23


You are invited to visit: http://www.raw-food-for-health.com/
Day 23
Jan. 22, 2012
Sunday AM

Well I couldn't be more excited! I found the Raw Food Rehab Center and have been making friends with like minded crazy people such as myself ;-) I was able to ask my "Why no tomatoes?" question and got a great answer- they are in the nightshade family and if picked before ripe they contain a poison.

Physical:
I've been sleeping well. Got another 8 hours last night- woohoo! That feels so good- I really need that.

I didn't workout yesterday- went shopping and juiced. I will today though.

I've been getting a few pimples I don't normally get- more toxic release- yay!

I weighed in yesterday- NO CHANGE!! woohoo! I held steady which I worked hard to do. I feel like my weight is down today though, but with no scale I won't know until Friday when I go to Heidi's.

Juicing/ Time/ Money:
I spent $50 yesterday- brings my total to $265. I spent 2 hours juicing yesterday, but that isn't quite accurate b/c it only took me about 45 minutes to do the greens. I spent the rest of the time messing around with the tomatoes. I found out I can juice tomatoes! woohoo! Love the tomatoes and garlic. So this is what I juiced:
6 heads Romaine
1 bunch Parsley
9 oz Spinach
1 pound Kale
2 heads Celery
That made almost a gallon. I take 2 cups of that, 1 pound of tomatoes, a clove or 2 of garlic and a little salt and mix in the Vita-mix- YUM! of course there is lots of straining involved, but it's worth the effort. I love it, but my bird doesn't- she wants to know what happened to the apples!! She loves my sweet green juice! :)

Psychology:
Still wanting to get on with the cleaning out of garbage. I took 2 big bags of stuff to Goodwill yesterday and cleaned out a small portion of my big walk in closet. I'll wait for a few month to go through my dress pants as they are all big on me now. Still working on maintaining beautiful thoughts, and need to keep moving forward on my website- I've been stuck lately :(



2 comments:

  1. Ut oh! No tomatoes? I am going to have to go look that up. I have been using them and that was my plan for breakfast this morning! :-(

    I am so glad to have found you! I look forward watching your journey (and chatting on the side)! ;-) I tried to use the "follow feature" and it is acting wacky this morning - not working right. So I'll try back. I will be your first 'follower'. (But I am sure not the last!) :-)

    Blessings, pamela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using tomatoes anyways! The ones I get are ripe- very nice looking tomatoes, and I'm doing well with them and my body is craving them- I can't get enough!

      I know! I'm so glad we met too. It'll be so nice to be feasting with someone :) I do all this by myself- I knew no one else who was even raw until I joined RFR!

      Delete